The ICSM membership form (~92k pdf file) can be downloaded here.
Clinicians, scientists, researchers and students who have an interest in the cardiovascular field are invited to become members of the Institute. The classes of membership open to applicants are Full, Associate and Affiliate Membership.
All applicants for admission shall:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- and be of good character and repute;
Applicants for admission as a Full Member shall also be:
- a full time or honorary Teacher (Assistant Professor, Honorary Clinical Lecturer or above) of the University of Hong Kong or be deemed to be holding an equivalent position;
- and be engaged in research in cardiovascular science or cardiovascular medicine, as evidenced by his or her published works
Applicants for admission as Associates shall also:
- possess either a medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) plus a higher qualification (MRCP or equivalent), or a doctorate (PhD or equivalent) in science;
- and be engaged in research in cardiovascular science or cardiovascular medicine.
Applicants for admission as Affiliates shall also:
- possess a University degree or equivalent in medicine, nursing or science;
- and be engaged in or have a strong interest in cardiovascular research.
Applications for membership, accompanied by appropriate supporting documents (eg. resume, list of relevant publications, copies of certificates) should be submitted to the Honorary Secretary, to whom membership enquiries may also be addressed.
The Honorary Secretary
c/o Department of Pharmacology
Faculty of Medicine
21 Sassoon Road
Tel: (852) 2819 9160
Fax: (852) 2817 0859
E-mail: icsm [at] hku [dot] hk